Monday, August 4, 2008

Random Weekend Events


Monday has arrived again and I have to admit that this past weekend was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable weekends I've enjoyed in a while. This whole summer my weekends have been booked solid with either home improvement projects, house hunting trips, family & holiday events or work emergencies. But not this weekend. Here are some of the things we were able to do:


Dr Who season finale- The last episode of Dr. Who was shown on Friday night and it was extremely bitter sweet. It was another phenomenal episode that was worthy of the season ending type of episodes that Dr. Who normally has. Since I have a brother who has not yet seen it. (Come on Carl, catch up.) I don't want to give away any details. But it was exciting to see an old foe re-emerge in the series. I am extremely depressed that they will not be releasing the next season until 2010, and that will just be in England. So it will be some time before we see some new episodes of Dr. Who. But I will be waiting and watching for it.


Torchwood- Because of the Dr. Who finale, I decided to check out the spin off series called Torchwood. I had enjoyed the character of Caption Jack, who moved from Dr. Who to Torchwood. But I could only get through 2 episodes before I had to give up and send the remaining DVDs back to the library. The show is sci-fi based, but it is to much like an episode of Sex in the City. But instead of the traditional relationships, it is human-alien or man-man, woman-woman or alien woman-human woman, etc. I had always hated the soap opera portion of Battlestar Galactica. This show had it 10 times worse and I did not enjoy it. So that was a disappointment.


Open house & Temple trip-We had an open house for our home we are trying to sell. Jen wrote about that in so you can check her blog out for details. But I really enjoyed going to the temple with my wife and doing a sealing session. I just enjoy kneeling at the altar and looking across at my lovely wife who is dressed in white. It brings back many happy memories from December 14 2001.


Star Wars: Empire at War-I really enjoy playing computer games and any that involve Star Wars is a double the fun for me. One of those games are Star Wars: Empire at War with its expansion pack. I get to play the good or the bad guys and attempt to take over the universe. It is a long game to play, which Jen can attest to, but it really relaxes me and helps me unwind.


Parks & Friends-We had some friends who had moved away come back to town and visit this weekend. So a bunch of friends got together at a park to spend time together. It was a lot of fun and there was cloud cover, which helped it not be to hot. We played a little volleyball which has always been an enjoyable game for me. I left the park feeling happy at the time we spend together. Even my kids were able to play with us on the volleyball court. When the ball rolled off the court, Michael would be the one to chase after it and return it. And Karen learned how to hit the ball and did a pretty good job. I wish I had pictures to share.


Sunday was as it should be, a day of rest. So we had a wonderful weekend. I am excited for this month. The Olympics begin this week and football is just around the corner. I will be able to watch the season finale of American Gladiators tonight and pre-season football is starting up. Now if only I could get into my next house before football season begins. Then I would be all set for the fall.

No comments: