Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Yea Football season is finally here


After a very long drought from football all summer long. I will finally get to view some football again this week. The Utes will open their season on Thursday against Utah State and my brother has been very kind to let me come to his place and watch it. (Because Dish still does not have the Mountain channel, jerks) Then BYU will play a very significant game on Saturday against Oklahoma. A win there would help not only the Cougars but the entire Mountain West Conference. So go Cougars, make us all look good.

Last night I stayed up late to draft my last fantasy football team. Even though I drafted in the 10th out of 12 positions. I think I got a good team and I am excited to play.

It is going to be a very enjoyable football season, especially with the higher satellite package with more games to watch. My poor wife will be sick of football very soon. I should do something special for her. Any ideas on what I could do for her to make her OK with me watching football every weekend for the rest of the year? Last year I took her to see Mama Mia. How can you top that?

1 comment:

barlow.stephanie said...

You make dinner the days you aren't watching football or for every hour you watch football you will watch the kids or clean the house for that equal time. Or take her to see another show, like Wicked in San Francisco. Legally Blonde the Musical is currently showing in LA. I am sure there is a girlie movie coming out soon, gasp there is NEW MOON. Midnight showing for you and Jen. Or heck just buy her a bunch of books she can read while you watch football. Usually when i want to do my own thing Lars rents a video game, that keeps him occupied for hours. :)