Monday, February 23, 2009

And the Oscar goes to . . . Whoever is the most liberal

Watched the Oscars last night. Through most of the show Jen and I would look at each other and ask "What movie is that from?" or "What role did that person play?" We asked that because all of the major movies nominated were movies that nobody has seen. The top grossing movies of all last year are mysteriously absent from the awards show. To me this just further proves how out of touch with reality Hollywood really is. The highest grossing movies from last year were:

1- The Dark Knight

2-Iron Man

3-Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

However none of the above movies won any major award, unless the main villain in the movie died from a drug problem. So whenever an award was being awarded, I predicted that the person or movie that was most liberal would win and guess what? I was right on all of them.

The last time I watched the Oscars and really enjoyed it was the year that the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King won a bunch of stuff. Now when I watch I get Sean Penn telling me I'm full of hate.

3 comments:

barlow.stephanie said...

But how was Hugh Jackman as the host?

TardisCaptain said...

Oscars? Oscars? Oh yea that show about the movie snobs. "If you haven't seen this show then you are not cultured."

I know what entertains me. It's not boring movies or "reality" TV.

Troy said...

I can't believe you actually watched the whole thing. I don't have enough patience to watch that Hollywood self love fest.