Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I hate home selling/buying

We currently have our house up for sale. It has been on the market for 2 weeks. No bites yet, but with the market as poor as it is, I should not be surprised. We have also been looking for our next home. Last night we found a really good one that we both like. It has 90% of what we are looking for and would be a wonderful place to live for the next 20 years.

Now comes the part that I hate. We are going to put a bid on the new house and assuming they accept it or counter with an offer we can accept, and assuming that someone comes along in time to buy our house and assuming they can pay enough for our old house so we can afford the new house. We will then have our new home. There is an awful lot of assuming that now goes on with this process and I sure hate it. I have always worked to prepare for all possible events so that I would not have to assume what the outcome could be. I was always ready for the outcome and did not have many unknown results that would surprise me. But with home buying there are to many variables to prepare for and so there is always unknowns. I hate the unknown. That is one of the reasons why I try to learn so much, so that there is less unknowns to me.

Well our offer will most likely be given on Friday and so next week we will do the offer, counter offer dance. Then if we can agree on a price then we wait to see if our home sells in time. We could certianly have a busy and exciting month ahead of us if this works out. The thing that keeps me going during all this is looking forward to the end of the entire process. Once we are done with this, I will not have to do it again for a long time.

2 comments:

TardisCaptain said...

Can the offer be tied to your current house selling?

Phil said...

Yep, it is. Which makes another uncertainty about the whole deal and makes me nervous. I am confidant that we can find a house to buy. But not that we can find a buyer for our current house.