Friday, July 11, 2008

My Rants & Ramblings

Modern wonders are exciting. Such as the modern wonder of being able to document my feelings, ideas and experiences in a medium that is available to the whole world through the Internet. I have always enjoyed viewing the blogs of others and have felt closer to the authors and edified by them. One person's blog I have always enjoyed reading was my oldest brother's blog. He has been doing it for years now and checking his blog quickly became a daily ritual for me. My brother has always encouraged me to start my own blog, but laziness and constant distractions have always prevented me from doing so. But, thanks to the efforts of my wife, I now have a blog set up and waiting for all my rants and ramblings. So here it goes, my first blog...First off, I should give some back ground about myself and advance notification on what you can expect to hear me ramble about in future blogs.

I am a 33 year old husband and father of 2 toddlers. I keep myself extremely busy with trying to provide for my family, physically, emotionally, spiritually & as many humorist moments as possible. When I have time to myself, I like to spend it reading books (history or sci fi) playing games, watching TV (Dr. Who, American Gladiators, American Experience) swimming or any playtime I can get with my children. I keep myself aloof on local and national events and try to remain politically active so I can do my part to improve the world for my children.

What can you expect to hear me blog about. My head is full of random and sometimes useless ideas. Many of which you will hear on this blog. You can also expect to hear me talk about politics. I consider myself a moderate conservative who has an open mind to all ideas and strongly respects every one's right to believe whatever they want to believe. (Even if it is misguided, bias or completely and totally wrong.) I enjoy history and will frequently mention historical events in my blogs. I very much enjoy sci fi in the form of movies, television and books and so will discuss the upcoming Star Trek movie, the Dune novels, Dr. Who, Battle Star Galactic and of course, Star Wars. And finally you may hear me discuss the most insignificant topic you could think of. Whatever happens to be on my mind when I lay in bed at night trying to sleep could end up in a blog.

So there you have it. Should you agree to endure my future blogs, you can now say that you have been warned. If you find my blogs to contentious, thought provoking or just plain poor english. Than you can always skip over my blogs and just read Jen's. Which I'm sure will always be an uplifting and a pleasant experience.

Thanks for sticking around. Let the blogging begin.

No comments: